Since 2003, and following consultation, the MOD and BFPO have been aware of SOS’ regulated year-round care package operations and we adhere to very strict guidelines issued by them to ourselves, and the public in general.
Our parcels are seen as a valuable contribution in boosting and maintaining morale amongst those on overseas duties. Care or welfare packages are much appreciated by members of our Armed Forces serving on overseas operations. They represent the support & goodwill of people other than their own families & let them know that we are thinking about them.
There are however some very important points to note before sending a care parcel:-
- Parcels MUST be sent to named personnel.
- They CANNOT be sent to ‘A Soldier’ or ‘Any Soldier’ – Parcels addressed in this way may be returned to sender.
- Although SOS hold the details of service personnel these cannot be given out UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES other than to approved SOS representatives.
If you would like to send a parcel but do not have a named person to send to then we can offer you the following options, please read to the bottom of the page for full information and a list of suitable parcel items:-
- Single Parcels or parcel fillers may be sent to :- email for address (Please note inland postage will need to be paid)
If you are considering organising a collection at your work, school or through an organisation then you must register the collection with us or your local coordinator first. They will agree a maximum number of parcels which they are able to accept and will confirm which parcel items are most needed at that particular time.
- Single Parcels or parcel fillers may be dropped off with one of our coordinators. A full list of coordinators and the areas they cover is shown on the Contact Us page.
- A donation in lieu of a parcel may be made using the link on the Donate page. Just £5 covers the cost of a standard package which we will make up on your behalf. If you want a message to be included in the parcel then this can be sent to the address above or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Parcel Items
Below is a list of suggested parcel items but this is not by any means definitive. There are many other items which can be included but the key is to keep these small and light as parcels are size and weight restricted. Parcels MUST weigh no more than 2kg including all packaging. Travel or individual packs are ideal rather than family or bulk packs.
We also recommend that you include a variety of items; these are far nicer to receive than for example a box containing just toiletries.
|Savoury Snacks||Sweet Snacks||Confectionary||Toiletry / Pharmacy||Recreation||Misc|
|Pringles||Biscuits||Chocolate Bars||Shower Gel||Puzzle Books||Boot Laces|
|Stock Cubes||Fruit/Cereal Bars||Travel Sweets||Conditioner||Paperback Books||Blank Greetings Cards|
|Noodles||Small Cakes||Mints||Sanitary Protection||Pencils||Message of Support|
|Savoury Rice||Packets Custard||Energy Sweets||Lip Salve||Pens||Underwear|
|Beef Jerky||Condensed Milk||Chocolate Peanuts||Tissues||Artists Paints||T Shirts|
|Pork Scratching's||Evaporated Milk||Love Hearts etc||Travel Wash||Notebooks||Socks/Undies|
|Nuts||Shortbread||Chocolate Raisins||Talcum Powder||Batteries|
|Crisps||Dried Fruit||Fudge||Wet/Moist Wipes||Sketch Books|
|Packet Soups||Small Tins Fruit||Fruit Pastilles etc||Shaving Gel||Jigsaws|
|Crackers||Fruit Flakes||Toffee||Shampoo||Travel Games|
|Oatcakes||Lollipops||Cotton Buds||Playing Cards|
|Chewing Gum||Imodium||Sport Programmes|
|Toothbrushes||Magazines (NOT TOP SHELF)|
|Roll on Deodorant|